- 12 rashers of bacon, sliced
- 9 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (that’s 60ml)
- 1/4 cup cheese, grated (that’s 60g) – cheddar and gouda are each good choices right here.
- 1 tbsp of BBQ rub (Nando’s do a superb one, or go for good ol’ Schwartz)
1. Sprinkle BBQ rub over the bacon and smoke for 30-45 minutes at 225 levels. If you possibly can’t smoke it, grill it in response to pack directions.
2. Spray every slot of a 12 tin muffin pan with non-stick spray
3. Line the muffin tin with the sliced bacon.
4. Combine the opposite elements in a big bowl and combine nicely.
5. Pour the egg combination into every muffin tin to about 2/3rds full
6. Cook the egg bites within the smoker at 400 levels (or within the oven at 200 levels) for quarter-hour or till set and get pleasure from!
Make certain you cook dinner the bacon nicely previous to placing it within the muffin tin. This helps the bacon absolutely cook dinner, and offers it a few of that smoky flavour all of us love!
These egg bites are actually good if you add chopped sundried tomatoes and spinach to the combination, which can also be a good way of working in the direction of your 5 a day. This recipe is an efficient base, don’t be afraid to experiment with different elements so as to add your personal aptitude to them.
Thesy make for a implausible make-forward breakfast. You might strive making a complete batch of those on a Sunday in order that your breakfasts for the week are taken care of.
See the unique recipe over on Smoked Meat Sunday here.